Tuesday, January 10, 2017

It’s Poetry at Work Day 2017! Join with Us to Celebrate!


It’s Poetry at Work Day 2017.

And I have a confession.

This is now the fourth year that Tweetspeak Poetry has sponsored Poetry at Work Day. I’ve written about it and celebrated it. I wrote a book called Poetry at Work.

My confession: associating poetry with work still sounds strange to me.

The first connection between poetry and work was made for me. I was part of the speechwriting team at my company, and a friend gave me three poetry collections, “You can’t write speeches unless you know T.S. Eliot, Dylan Thomas, and Wallace Stevens,” he said. These three great modern poets helped shape not only poetry and literature but also speechwriting.


To continue reading, please see my post today at Tweetspeak Poetry.

No comments: