Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Networking Poetry on LinkedIn



LinkedIn is the largest professional network on the internet. You join LinkedIn to network – to meet likeminded professionals, find a new and better job, develop potential customers, identify someone at an organization to talk with about a job opening, and engage in a discussion of topics of professional interest. Employers also use it to check and research job applicants.

As I started to participate more in the network, I began developing a theory. I suspected there might be a most unlike-business activity that was important for many people on LinkedIn – the activity being poetry. I’m not sure why I thought this; I had never seen anyone networking for a poet’s job and there might be five poets in the United States who make their living from poetry. It was just a theory, based on no hard facts of suggestive evidence.

To continue reading, please see my post today at TweetSpeak Poetry.

Photography by George Hodan via Public Domain Pictures. Used with permission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting connections...