Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graduation Day

There are too many things to say about a child's graduation, too many emotions that run through the heart. For now, I need to let the pictures tell the story, or part of the story. Our 22-year-old son Andrew, our youngest, graduated from the University of Missouri today.




I think my favorite photo is the last one -- a "mistake" in that it all blurred. Except that it perfectly captures that brief moment God gives us children -- and tells us we have to let them fly. Twenty-two years -- and just a moment.

The photos were taken by either my daughter-in-law Stephanie or my wife Janet.

Related: "My Brother, the Mizzou Alum" by Travis Young.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of those absolutely wonderful days!

and yes, a little hard on the hearts of the parents.

Unknown said...

Yes, it does seem to pass in a blur. Congratulations to you, your wife, and your son.

Corinne Cunningham said...

Incredible day :)
Congratulations to all!

S. Etole said...

The last photo reminds me of the verse in James that says our life is just a vapor ... congratulations on such a special occasion.

Louise Gallagher said...

Congratulations Glynn to you and your son and family.

Wow! What a wonderful and joyous event!

That last photo is remarkable.

Maureen said...

That last image is a perfect summation of my own feelings at seeing my only cross the stage on Monday at Gallatin/NYU. It was the next day that it hit me. He's flying now but perhaps not entirely (ye/I hopet) on his own.

Congratulations! The pride is obvious and what wonderful smiles all around.

Michelle DeRusha said...

Wonderful day! Congratulations to you all -- you've done well!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your son, and to you. :)

Anne Lang Bundy said...

I'm seventeen years into parenting. My youngest is five. It has been a blur since day one.

I so loved this.

Kathleen Overby said...

Lots of love and respect evident from the radiant faces. What a thing in our world. A WHOLE, Wholesome, Healthy, Holy family. Loved the last tear jerking picture. Glynn, the patriarch.